The Product Development Team specializes in developing a range of commercial application software products for Equidox. Equidox is a product that allows users to convert pdf documents into accessible content which can be interpreted by screen readers used by the visually impaired. As a part of a highly technical development team, you will work with cutting-edge technologies and help shape the future of how Equidox evolves to meet the needs of its rapidly growing user base.
Drawing on your experience with Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management, CI/CD, and other automated systems, you will build cutting edge code-driven infrastructures at scale on multiple public and private cloud platforms.
Scope/Level of Decision Making
Position performs a variety of assigned activities, referring more complex issues to the manager.
- Architect, build, and maintain Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management, Continuous Deployment, and other automated systems to improve delivery quality, speed, and developer experience.
- Find opportunities to reduce manual effort needed to complete deployments.
- Seek to build reusable, repeatable toolsets, components, and modules where possible.
- Deploy and Configure the Equidox application using modern tools like Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Linux and others
- Perform migrations between on-premise, cloud, and colocation facilities, involving multiple physical or virtual machines.
- Thoroughly and accurately document solution details
- Participate in the creation and testing of new processes
- Occasionally collaborate with Support Staff on break-fix issues
- Future possibility of travel for on-premise deployments (TBD)
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Public cloud knowledge – GCP / AWS / Azure – multiple preferred.
- Proficiency in one or multiple development languages eg: Python, Java, Node, etc
- Scripting & Infrastructure automation skills – Python, Bash, ZSH, etc.
- Configuration Management – Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Config Engine, etc.
- Infrastructure provisioning (Terraform, CloudFormation, Cloud Foundry, others…)
- Containers & Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm).
- Service Mesh (Istio, App Mesh, Service Fabric Mesh, etc).
- Understanding of application deployment/configuration processes.
- 3+ years of building enterprise-grade solutions in Linux, Windows, and other tools.
- Familiarity with Disaster Recovery and Backup best practices in the cloud.
- Experience creating and maintaining software-defined networks, including Shared VPC, VLAN configuration, setting up VPNs.
- Good working knowledge of common web hosting technologies (Flask, Nginx etc)
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), customer service-oriented
- Strong problem-solving skill set and the ability to understand new technologies quickly are essential
Preferred Skills and Experience
- AWS DevOps and/or Architect Professional certification (or other Professional level certs)
- GCP Professional Cloud Developer and/or Professional Cloud Architect (or other Pro level certs)
- Professional or Associate level Certifications on any of the major public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of multiple Public / Private Clouds eg: GCP / AWS / Azure / OpenStack
- Application Software development background or knowledge of software development methodologies common in the enterprise.
- Understanding of Agile / SCRUM / other modern project management methodologies
- Understanding of ITIL / Change Management
- Understanding of solution design/architecture principles.
- History of remote employment / self-driven when working remotely.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology, or a related discipline or Equivalent Experience.
Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.